The Tavern at Diamond Mills is the Hudson Valley’s premier dining and special events destination. Located in the Village of Saugerties, The Tavern at Diamond Mills offers handcrafted contemporary Italian American cuisine in a picturesque setting above the Esopus Falls. The Tavern is open nightly for dinner, Wednesday through Sunday for Lunch, as well as Saturday and Sunday for Brunch. In addition to The Tavern, the elegant Grand Ballroom at Diamond Mills can accommodate weddings, corporate retreats, conferences and banquets for up to 300 seated guests.
We are seeking creative, flexible and high energy candidates to fill the following positions:
- Sous Chef
- AM Sous Chef
- Line Cooks (Sautee, Grill)
- AM Line Cook
- Lead Grade Manger Cook
- AM Prep
Interested candidates should meet the following qualifications & requirements:
- Experience in food service at a full-meal service restaurant
- Culinary degree preferred
- Must have thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques of large catered functions
- Must have knowledge of food and beverage preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills
- Must be able to properly prepare Mise en Place according to Chef and Sous Chef instruction
- Replenish supplies and reset as necessary
- Prepare orders in an efficient, timely, pleasant, and professional manner
- Follow service rules and direction given by supervisors
- Anticipate and meet all guest needs
- Must be able to lean and describe menu items, in English, and answer questions regarding items.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude on and off the property
- Be a role model for all service staff, cooks, porters and all other DM employees
- Cooperate and assist all service personal to assure-the best possible service
- Be responsible for equipment and supplies
- Ability to carry out assignments and work well with other staff
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Ability to safely and quickly traverse staircase while carrying a loaded tray, heavy (50 lbs.) equipment and food
Full and Part Time positions are available. Part Time positions require a minimum of three shifts.
Call 845.247.0700 to make an appointment or stop by to fill out an application.
To apply by email send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more job opportunities at Diamond Mills visit Careers